Hokkaido Scallops: Fava beans & saffron sauce (4pax)
4 pcs scallops
2 red bell pepper
1 tsp garlic finely chopped
300 gr lobster stock
5 pcs black olives
40 gr extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp parsley chopped
3 tbsp diced tomatoes
salt & pepper
5 sprigs micro beetroot green
- Rub the bell pepper with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, char-grill until black, remove. After it cools down peel the skin and cut into small dices.
- In a small pot, sweat garlic with olive oil until fragrant then add diced pepper. Then add diced tomatoes.
- Add lobster stock, cook slowly until the bell pepper releases the sweetness. Add black olives, set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt & pepper, then pan-fry until golden in color.
- In a different pot, sauté the fava beans with olive oil.
- To serve: place the scallop in center of plate, add saffron sauce, spoon fava beans on top & garnish with micro beetroots green.